Private Secretary to the Cabinet Minister for Petroleum, Natural Gas, Chemicals, Petrochemicals & Pharmaceuticals, GOI, Dec 1990-June 1991. Dec 1990 – June 91
The Ministry of Petroleum & Natural Gas is entrusted with the responsibility of exploration and production of oil and natural gas, their refining, distribution and marketing, import, export, and conservation of petroleum products and Liquefied Natural Gas. The Department of Chemicals & Petrochemicals is entrusted with the responsibility of policy, planning, development and regulation of Chemicals and Petrochemicals Industries.
- Prominently supervising critical projects of national/international importance in the areas of Oil and Gas, Chemicals & Petro Chemicals, Pharmaceuticals, both in the Public and Private Sector & preparing briefs/ reports for the Hon’ble Minister.
- Managed and assisted in initiation of changes / revisions in drugs policy/bulk drugs pricing and helped in answering parliamentary questions and addressing sensitive issues relating to various Parliamentary committees connected with the pharmaceuticals, Oil and Gas and Petro Chemical sectors.
- Effectively supported the Cabinet Minister in performance appraisal of CEOs and other Board level appointees of PSE’s in the Petroleum, Chemicals & Petro Chemicals and Pharmaceutical sectors, under the administrative control of the Ministry.
- Organizing/preparing notes and briefs for the Cabinet Minister relating to Cabinet meetings i.e. Cabinet Committees on Economic & Political Affairs under Chairmanship of Prime Minister.
- Assisted the Cabinet Minister in scrutinizing and analyzing the investment and foreign exchange proposals for acquisition of capital assets and implementation of projects of national importance in the field of Oil & Gas exploration, production, pharmaceuticals and petrochemicals projects etc.
- Assisted in media relationship management for the Ministry of Petroleum, Natural Gas, Chemicals & Petrochemicals, and Pharmaceuticals by high level coordination with the Additional Secretary & PIO, GoI, Information Advisor to Prime Minister, DG Doordarshan, Secretary I & B etc.
- Assisted in integrating and coordinating with different agencies/departments/organizations connected with the pharmaceuticals, Oil and Gas and chemical sectors.
Recommendation by Shri.P.Murari, Secretary Cabinet Secretariat ( 1986-1987, 1987-1988 )
“His level of knowledge of functions was of a very high order.. His performance was always geared to objectives, which were set for himself. Dedicated Officer with flair of getting the things done. He could be entrusted with any responsibility calling for team work, interactions with various disciplines and producing results. Excellent at Project Management & Planning- OUTSTANDING.”